I haven’t baked in a while and I was really missing the baking experience(mostly eating!) so a few days ago, I decided to make some scones! Now, as I love chocolate, I thought that adding a bit of treat into the scones wouldn’t do any harm. So, I decided upon some chocolate chip scones!
The recipe is fairly simple and the results are amazing! I’ve made scones before, and they’ve never turned out THIS nice. It turns out a little bit of chocolate can go a long way…
*I originally got this recipe from Bigger Bolder Baking, but tweaked the recipe and halved all ingredients measurements to make the amount I needed.*
- Amount: 12 scones
- Skill level :easy
- Baking Time: 30-35 minutes
- Durability: Scones are best eaten the day they are baked but the next day you can pop them back in the oven to freshen them up again.
- 225g flour (all purpose/plain)
- 2 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 30g white sugar
- 62g cold salted Butter,
- 1 egg
- 2 oz (30g) Double cream
- 7 0z (100g) whole milk
- Milk to glaze
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Rub in the cold butter with your fingers until it turns breadcrumbs like.
- If adding dried fruit eg. Raisins, berries, citrus rind, chocolate chips add them now.
- Mix the egg with the milk and cream and pour into your flour mix (just milk is fine)
- Mix your scone mixture until it is a dough, nothing should be left on the bowl.
- Place your dough onto a floured sufarce and knead lightly.
- Pat your dough down with your hand until around 1 inches thick
- Glaze the tops of your scones with milk to give them a golden top when baked
- Put your baking tray in the oven and bake at 350oF (18OoC) for 35 minutes.
I added strawberries and whipped cream to make my scone experience EVEN better. The cream added that ooze and the strawberries were sweet and bursting with flavour. You don’t have too, of course. You can add whatever you like. The weirder the combination, the better!
What would YOU add to these scones? Have you tried these? What’s your favourite recipe? Do you like adding chocolate to your baked goods? Saving this recipe for a great day? Whatever it is…
Don’t forget to like and follow for posts every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday!
Still hungry? Check out these other fabulous recipes on my blog: