I think I might be turning into somewhat of an ‘organised’ person. It’s weird.
April was ACTUALLY quite a good month compared to the rubbish March – I actually DID stuff and PLANNED stuff. And yes, I ORGANISED stuff. *claps*. I’m pretty proud of myself for this month because I accomplished quite a lot and procrastination only visited a few times! I did miss it a bit, but I’m glad my workload is becoming smaller and smaller!
*RTC – REVIEW TO COME
I did only manage to read 4 books (though I’m sure I read more, I just can’t remember what?) and I think that’s okay. It’s not exactly what I wanted but I was quite busy this month (I guess?) so it’s fine??? Okay, I’m pretty disappointed with that amount.
The History of Hillary Hambrushine – 2.5 stars.
I received this as an ARC and I thought it was ‘okay’. The storyline was typical and so unoriginal; likewise for the characters. It was funny at points but it just wasn’t for me.
Replica by Lauren Oliver – 3.5 Stars.
As my first read by Lauren Oliver, I enjoyed the book. I liked Gemma’s story a little better but in general, I liked the book. Not one of the best, but not the worst.
Divergent by Veronica Roth – 5 stars (RTC)
I genuinely thought I’d gone off Dystopias forever but turns out I HAVEN’T! The writing style was simple but I LOVED and read it 1 or 2 sittings, and that shows how amazing it is.
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke – 3.5 Stars (RTC)
Inkheart was GREAT and the fantasy in it was just AMAZING and the characters too though it wasn’t AS exciting as I wanted it to be. I liked it definitely but it got very boring at points and didn’t hook me. A wonderful read, though I found myself struggling to turn the page at some points.
The London Eye Mystery – 3 Stars
It was a wonderful mystery and reminded me of The Curious Incident In The Night Time. Pretty good and a quick read.
Added To TBR
- Queens Of Geek (A Very Hyped Book)
- Unhooking The Moon (Recommended by Sasha @ The Stylish Dreamer)
- The Muse (Inspired by my wonderful sister)
- Vicious (the author, fantasy, what else?)
- Strange The Dreamer (I JUST MUST READ NOOOOW)
- Rebel Of The Sands (the blurb sounds AMAZING)
- The Girl Of Ink And Stars (look at that COVER)
- Eragon (my brother recommended this to me and of course, it’s fantasy)
- The Hobbit (Fantasy and I might as well)
- The Mysterious Benedict Society (Recommended by Megan @ A Barefoot Gal)
Rogue One – I’m not a massive fan of Star Wars and have never watched all of them or anything like that but I decided to watch Rogue One. It wasn’t an AMAZING movie but It was okay? I guess.
The Book Thief – I definitely shed some tears watching this movie. Taking a spin on World War 2, I got to see into the life of what it was like to live amongst such hatred in Germany and how anti-Semitism affected so many lives. It was truly a heart-breaking movie that I will always love.
I also re-watched some of The Diary Of A Wimpy Kid movies which were great fun!
Bullet Journal – I told you last month I got a Bullet Journal and I am so happy to say that this is actually why I’m being so organised! I’ve done a bullet journal before, but have never been as committed. It’s fun and wonderful and SO SATISFYING. Maybe I should do a post on this?
A Flexible Schedule – I know I hate schedules but I have made a flexible schedule consisting of what types of posts I should post during a month to ensure I don’t go off track.
Science Museum– I went to the science museum (for the 100th time) and It was loads of fun. I ended up seeing the 3d IMAX screening of Robots and it was quite interesting!
Lots of desserts – After the museum, I got a milkshake which was lovely and on the first of April, I celebrated a birthday by visiting a dessert restaurant and had an ice cream sundae. These were obvious highlights.
- I did a Guest Post over at Sithara’s blog
- I got nominated for the book blogger awards by Lia and Emma – thank you!
- I was a runner-up in Sasha’s Spread Smiles contest
- I was nominated in the Greek God Book Tag by Baile @ Nerd In New York
- I got tagged in revising my First post revisit by Pages That rustle
- Megan @ Barefoot Gal introduces her blog series DIY Design
- Just A Blank Space discusses Different ways to journal
- Cait @ Paper fury talks about book blogger expectation vs reality
- Joce announces the book blogger awards
- Mukta releases her own Seashell Free Font
- She also introduces me to Zentangle
- Wander Girl gives 6 ideas for your journal
- Tabi gives a tutorial on how to make your DIY Stickers
- May @ Forever and Everly begins her Writer Woes series
- Miss dino discusses how there should be more choices at schools
- Kate @ All The Trinkets tell us how you can actually draw
- Maya @ Artsy Teen generously shares free and gorgeous spring printables
- Vivian shows her appreciation writer friends
- Anna @ Diversion 3000 sympathises with us over the struggles of exam season
- The Well Thumbed Reader tells us what makes her follow a book blog
- A Bullet Journal Post –> Maybe?
- A Fantasy Feast – TinyReviews
- Why Do you Buy A Book? – Dreams & Discussions
- The Typewriter Project — Perhaps.
How was YOUR April? What books did you read? What were some of your highlights? What are you looking forward to in May? Any posts you loved from other people or your own blog? Were your productive this month? And do you Bullet Journal too? Link me to your wrap-up posts in the comments below!